Yorkshire Spring Lamb Stir Fry Strips
Hand cut strips of North Yorkshire lamb loveliness. How about a 10 minute lamb stir fry with fresh crispy veg and a tangy marinade. Our North Yorkshire lamb is rich in flavour, even more so when cut into bit size strips.
Flash-Fried Lamb Strips with Seasonal Vegetables and Cucumber Relish
- 450g lean lamb stir-fry strips
- 200g French beans, topped and tailed
For the cucumber relish:
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced lengthways (using a swivel head vegetable peeler)
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 small waxy potatoes, scrubbed, boiled and cut into quarters
- 25g butter
- 3-4 tablespoons double cream
- 1 little gem lettuce, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch roughly chopped fresh mint
- Extra mint leaves
- Put the beans in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and plunge into a bowl of ice-cold water. Drain and set aside for later.
- To prepare the relish; place the cucumber slices in a large sieve and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Leave to drain for 10 minutes, rinse gently under cold water, gently squeeze and place on absorbent kitchen paper to dry. Transfer to a large bowl; add the spring onion, vinegar, sunflower oil, sugar and mustard. Season, toss gently, cover and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed non-stick frying pan or wok. Season the lamb strips and cook for 2-3 minutes until brown, stirring frequently. Add the potatoes and green beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the cream, lettuce and mint.
- Remove from the heat, garnish with extra mint and serve with the relish.