The succulent taste of spring lamb
Our farm raised grass fed lamb leg offers the finest quality and superior taste. This versatile leg meat has the bone removed for even cooking and ease of carving. Roast until pink in the middle, before slicing thinly and serve with seasonal greens and roast potatoes. Available in 1 x 1.25kg, 1 x 1.5kg or 1 x 2.0kg.
|Fat (of which saturates)||4.7g|
|Carbohydrate (of which sugars)||0|
Please see our other range of lamb available to buy online.
Allspice & Thyme Crusted Butterflied BBQ Leg of Lamb
- 1.3kg lean butterflied leg of lamb
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons sunflower oil
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1kg salad potatoes, cooked, drained and quartered
- 250g green beans, topped, tailed and lightly blanched
- 1 small bunch lemon thyme or juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Large bunch freshly chopped parsley
- To prepare the rub mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the lamb on a chopping board, make several slits over the surface and spread the rub mixture all over the joint.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7.
- Insert 2 long metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes), criss-crossing through the meat.
- Place directly on the shelf in a preheated oven (place a tray underneath to catch the drips) for about 50-60 minutes, turning frequently.
- Alternatively, place on a prepared barbecue not too close to the coals for about 55-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salad ingredients together and season.
- Slice the lamb and serve with the salad.
We studded this with garlic, and marinaded it with olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. It was then cooked on a spit on a bbq and served in homemade flatbreads with cream cheese, chilli jam and fresh coriander- just delicious!
The best lamb ever. Everyone asked for seconds (including the kids), so it must have been good.
Highly recommend buying from Yorkshire Lean Meat, especially for special occasions as they do not disappoint. Well worth paying a little extra if you really want quality and taste.
I have ordered meat regularly from Yorkshire Lean Meat since last year and all meat that I have received has been excellent quality and good value for money. The Yorkshire Free Range Grass Fed Lamb Leg - Boned & Rolled was delicious, as is all other meat I have received. I started using YLM near the beginning of the pandemic due to difficulties with supermarket supply, but I will continue to use YLM after the pandemic. Coincidently, I was their 5000 order/customer and received a free pack of fillet steaks with my order! Thank you YLM - What a lovely company to deal with !
The lamb was lovely and soft and I will certainly buying it again.
Had a Sunday roast. The smell was amazing don't ever remember smelling lamb why cooking and very tasty and no fat