The succulent taste of spring lamb
Our farm raised grass fed lamb leg offers the finest quality and superior taste. This versatile leg meat has the bone removed for even cooking and ease of carving. Roast until pink in the middle, before slicing thinly and serve with seasonal greens and roast potatoes. Available in 1 x 1.25kg, 1 x 1.5kg or 1 x 2.0kg.
|Fat (of which saturates)||4.7g|
|Carbohydrate (of which sugars)||0|
Please see our other range of lamb available to buy online.
Allspice & Thyme Crusted Butterflied BBQ Leg of Lamb
- 1.3kg lean butterflied leg of lamb
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons sunflower oil
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1kg salad potatoes, cooked, drained and quartered
- 250g green beans, topped, tailed and lightly blanched
- 1 small bunch lemon thyme or juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Large bunch freshly chopped parsley
- To prepare the rub mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the lamb on a chopping board, make several slits over the surface and spread the rub mixture all over the joint.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7.
- Insert 2 long metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes), criss-crossing through the meat.
- Place directly on the shelf in a preheated oven (place a tray underneath to catch the drips) for about 50-60 minutes, turning frequently.
- Alternatively, place on a prepared barbecue not too close to the coals for about 55-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salad ingredients together and season.
- Slice the lamb and serve with the salad.
The lamb was lovely and soft and I will certainly buying it again.
Had a Sunday roast. The smell was amazing don't ever remember smelling lamb why cooking and very tasty and no fat
As the joint was too big for just the two of us, I cut 2 slices off as steaks. Very tasty, tender no fat. Very pleased with this purchase :+1:
Beautiful lamb, succulent and delicious