Melt In The Mouth Calves Liver
Bursting with flavour, extremely soft and tender, our grass-fed calves liver really is 'melt in the mouth' delicious. It has a fairly strong flavour (the longer you cook it the stronger the taste becomes) so is fantastic to add to stews and casseroles, as well as enjoying on its own pan-fried with some creamy mash and spinach. 1 Kg packs.
Please see our other cuts of beef available to buy online if this is not what you were looking for.
Pan-Fried Liver with Onions and Sage
- 450g/1lb beef liver, sliced
- 15ml/1tbsp plain flour
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 small handful fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 175g/6oz smoked back or streaky bacon, cut into pieces, or pancetta cubes (optional)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 5ml/1tsp olive oil
- 45ml/3tbsp good, aged balsamic vinegar
- 350ml/12floz good, hot beef stock
- In a shallow bowl mix together the flour, seasoning and sage leaves. Toss the liver in the seasoned flour.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry fry the bacon or pancetta (if using) with the onions for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan heat the oil and cook the liver for 1-2 minutes on each side, to seal. Remove the liver from the pan and keep warm with the bacon.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and stir in the stock, return the liver and bacon to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with crispy onions, crushed new potatoes and carrots.
Beautiful product and fast delivery
great and tasty calves liver, was fantastic
Grass Fed Calves Liver
Excellent meat produce, will definitely be ordering again!
Praising the day I came across this company. Their meat is fresh, lean and tasty. Staff are professional and friendly. Deliveries are on time. One of the best companies I have ever used. I would highly recommend them.