Melt in the mouth Brisket
A great value joint taken from the breast of the beas and well suited to long, slow cooking for meltingly tender beef. Our dry aged grass fed beef Brisket is only dispatched after being matured for 32 days to enhance the natural qualities of the beef. With this most versatile of beef joints being well suited as an introduction to our outstanding range of quality beef. 1kg - 1.5kg - 2kg and Whole 5 to 6 kg joints.
Please see our other cuts of beef available to buy online if this is not what you were looking for.
|Fat (of which saturates)||2.6g|
|Carbohydrate (of which sugars)||0|
Please see our about us page
Low and Slow Shredded Beef Brisket
- 900g lean brisket joint (unrolled)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste (available at larger supermarkets)
- 200ml good, hot beef stock
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon whiskey, optional
- For the Sweet Onions
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Bread rolls, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150°C,130°C, Fan, Gas Mark 2.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and season all over with salt and pepper. Brown the joint on all sides and transfer to a large flame/ovenproof dish with a lid.
- Add the chipotle paste, stock, tomatoes, honey and Bourbon (if used). Cover, transfer to the oven and cook for 3-3½ hours until the beef is tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sweet onions; put the onions in a small pan with the water and sweat the onions under a moderate heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the vinegar and sugar. Continue to cook the onions for a further 10-15 minutes until the soft and syrupy.
- Transfer the beef to a clean chopping board, reserving the sauce and `pull’ apart by securing with a fork and shredding the meat with a second fork.
- Pile the shredded brisket in rolls of your choice, spoon over the sauce and serve with the onions.
Brisket is so underrated, it works so well with many spices and enhancing ingredients. This brisket was lovely and obviously well hung, great dark colour. It cooked surprisingly quickly and ate very well, lovely flavour.
Put this on the smoker for a few hours and the results were great. Tender, meaty and delicious. Great thing about this cut is it can also be cooked low and slow in the oven or a slow cooker.
Superb cut of Brisket, full of flavour.
I sent this beef to a friend as a Christmas gift and she said the beef was excellent! Thank you