Melt in the mouth Brisket
A great value joint taken from the breast of the beast, and well suited to long, slow cooking for meltingly tender beef. Our dry aged grass fed beef Brisket is only dispatched after being matured for 32 days to enhance the natural qualities of the beef. With this most versatile of beef joints being well suited as an introduction to our outstanding range of quality beef.
Please see our other cuts of beef available to buy online if this is not what you were looking for.
|Fat (of which saturates)||2.6g|
|Carbohydrate (of which sugars)||0|
Please see our about us page
Brisket with Mushrooms and Tarragon
- 1 x 1.3kg/3lb lean brisket or silverside joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 2 red onions, peeled and chopped
- 300g/10½oz mixed mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 600ml/1 pint food, hot beef stock
- 30ml/2tbsp tomato purée
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp freshly chopped tarragon
- 30ml/2tbsp chilli sauce, optional
- 1 x 400g can cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 225g/80z Brussels sprouts, halved
1. Place the joint on a chopping board and season.
2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and brown the joint all over. Transfer to a large casserole dish suitable for hob and oven.
3. In the same frying pan, add the onions and mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes then spoon into the casserole dish.
4. Add the remaining ingredients, except the beans and Brussels sprouts. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook on the hob or in a preheated oven at Gas mark 3, 170°C, 325°F for 2½-3 hours½
The flat brisket was excellent I cook it very slowly actually for 8 hour on a thick bed of white onions with a small amount of beef stock to get it started.
Finished it on bbq it went down a storm Thanks