Available in 1Kg and 2kg approx.
Picanha Mini Roasts with Miso Glaze
- 4 x 150-200g/5-7oz mini roasting picanha roasts
- For the Miso Glaze
- :45ml/3tbsp red miso paste (available in the ethnic section of large supermarkets)
- 45ml/3tbsp Japanese rice wine or mirin
- 10ml/2tsp runny honey
- In a small bowl mix together the glaze ingredients to form a paste.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- Put the picanha roasts on a chopping board, season and brush portions with the glaze.
- Position on a rack in a roasting tin lined with foil and roast for 25-30 minutes, cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Serve the beef with steamed winter cabbage and rice.
Tips:This glaze works well on steaks too.
What a fantastic piece of meat.
Cut into 4 pieces and seasoned well with just plenty of salt.
Loaded on the rotisserie with the thinner pieces in the centre.
Cooked over briaa and charcoal fire at 450f until 135f internal.
Boom, what a succulent, juicy and tasty cut if beef.
Massive thumbs up.
never cooked picanaha before the joint was good quality and cooked very well and was very tasty
I received my 2Kg cap of rump and split it into two smaller joints. I had requested the butcher to leave a thicker cap of fat on the joint and he complied. After a quick sear and seal I placed one of the joints, wrapped in foil, in the oven until medium rare, followed by a 20 minute rest. Sliced against the grain. The result was fantastic. Exquisite melt in the mouth tenderness, with full beefy flavour and sweet crunchy fat. I'm very impressed with the quality and service of Yorkshire Lean Meat, and will definitely order from them again. And again.