Ready to roast
Show-stopping family meals needn’t break the bank. Mutton shoulder is an inexpensive cut of meat that’s nothing short of impressive when slow-roasted in the oven. Bone in for maximum flavour. – Sunday dinner has never been easier. Available in 1.25kg, 1.75kg, 2.25kg.
|Fat (of which saturates)||8.5g|
|Carbohydrate (of which sugars)||0|
Please see our other range of lamb available to buy online.
Roast Boneless Shoulder of Lamb with Watercress, Goats Cheese and Mint Stuffing
- 1.3kg/3lb lean boneless lamb shoulder
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 15ml/1tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 10ml/2tsp olive oil
For the Stuffing:
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 45ml/3tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 1 x 100g bag watercress, roughly chopped
- 125g/4oz firm goats cheese, diced
For the Spinach, Carrot and Cucumber Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- 1 x 100g bag baby spinach salad leaves, rinsed
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
For the Balsamic Dressing
- :30ml/2tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
- 10ml/2tsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 10ml/2tsp runny honey
- 10ml/2tsp black mustard seeds, optional
- To prepare the stuffing; in a large bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, remove any butcher’s string or elasticated meat bands (reserve for later), unroll skin side down and season on both sides with salt, pepper and dried mixed herbs. Spread the stuffing mixture evenly over the joint, but do not overfill. Roll up and secure with new butcher’s string or the reserved elasticated meat bands.
- Weigh the joint and place on a metal rack in a large non-stick roasting tin, and drizzle with the oil. Roast for the preferred, calculated cooking time. Cover with foil if browning too quickly. Remove from the oven, cover and set aside to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with the spinach, carrot and cucumber salad.
Spinach, Carrot and Cucumber Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Put the dressing ingredients
- Serve with the rolled shoulder of lamb with watercress, goat’s cheese and mint