Meat that falls of the bone Lamb Shanks
Why eat out when you can recreate your favourite restaurant dishes at home? Lamb shanks may be a show-stopping main, but they’re reassuringly inexpensive and surprisingly simple to make. For melt-in-the-mouth meals, braise for several hours. Large meaty portions every time.
|Fat (of which saturates)||5.4g|
|Carbohydrate (of which sugars)||0|
Please see our other range of lamb available to buy online.
Lamb Shanks with Cider, Apple, Rosemary and Beans
- 2 lean lamb shanks
- 1 leek, cut into thick slices
- 2 sticks celery, cut into thick slices
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 eating apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 600ml cider
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, drained
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, 150°C Fan, Gas Mark 3.
- In an ovenproof casserole dish place the leek, celery, garlic, apples, and rosemary.
- Place the lamb shanks on top and pour over the cider, season and cover with lid. Cook in preheated oven for 2 hours or until meat in tender and falling from bone.
- 30 minutes before the end of cooking time remove lid and add the cannellini beans. Mix well and return to the oven uncovered for the remaining cooking time.
- Serve with mashed potato and seasonal vegetables.
Super quick delivery
Very tasty, just enough fat - Delicious
Great quality new season lamb shanks, delicious. Will be buying them again. Thank you for a providing such a good online service.
These lamb shanks were delivered quickly and had a good shelf life - did two in the slow cooker and they were very tasty. Happy with the quality and the service.
Very impressed with the quality of the lamb shanks very nice would buy again