Melt In The Mouth Calves Liver
Bursting with flavour, extremely soft and tender, our grass-fed calves liver really is 'melt in the mouth' delicious. It has a fairly strong flavour (the longer you cook it the stronger the taste becomes) so is fantastic to add to stews and casseroles, as well as enjoying on its own pan-fried with some creamy mash and spinach. 1 Kg packs.
Please see our other cuts of beef available to buy online if this is not what you were looking for.
Pan-Fried Liver with Onions and Sage
- 450g/1lb beef liver, sliced
- 15ml/1tbsp plain flour
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 small handful fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 175g/6oz smoked back or streaky bacon, cut into pieces, or pancetta cubes (optional)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 5ml/1tsp olive oil
- 45ml/3tbsp good, aged balsamic vinegar
- 350ml/12floz good, hot beef stock
- In a shallow bowl mix together the flour, seasoning and sage leaves. Toss the liver in the seasoned flour.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry fry the bacon or pancetta (if using) with the onions for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan heat the oil and cook the liver for 1-2 minutes on each side, to seal. Remove the liver from the pan and keep warm with the bacon.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and stir in the stock, return the liver and bacon to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with crispy onions, crushed new potatoes and carrots.
This liver is delicious! We ate it regularly when we lived in France, and this equals the French liver - easy to slice up, tender and delicate flavour. So pleased to have found a supplier in the UK.
The best quality meat I have ever purchased. I had the calves liver which was absolutely delicious and tender. I also had the rolled ribeye beef joint it was incredible.
Delivery exactly as requested. I am go glad I found this company.
Beautiful product and fast delivery
great and tasty calves liver, was fantastic
Grass Fed Calves Liver