A top choice for tender roast beef
Rolled and ready to go in the oven, our dry aged grass fed topside beef joints are tender and easy to carve, ideal for Sunday roasts. This succulent cut of meat is made for slow-cooking and pairs beautifully with rosemary, red wine and a rich onion gravy. Available in 1kg, 1.5kg, 2kg.
Please see our other cuts of beef available to buy online if this is not what you were looking for.
|Fat (of which saturates)||4.1g|
|Carbohydrate (of which sugars)||0|
Please see our about us page
Roast Topside with Marmalade Glaze
- 1 x 1.3kg/3lb lean beef topside, boneless rib or sirloin joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp English mustard powder
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and cut into slivers
- 120ml/8tbsp Seville orange marmalade
- 45ml/3tbsp fresh orange juice
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Place the topside joint on a chopping board, make several slits over the joint and season and rub with the mustard. Push the garlic slivers into the slits.
- Place the joint on a metal rack in a large roasting tin and open roast for the preferred, calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any rich beefy juices.
- In a small bowl, mix together the marmalade, orange juice and parsley. Divide the mixture between two separate bowls.
- 20-25 minutes before the end of the cooking time remove the joint and brush with the marmalade mixture from one of the bowls to glaze and return to the oven.
- Serve the beef with roasted, new potatoes, parsnips, seasonal green vegetables, gravy and the untouched glaze from the second bowl.
The topside was a superb piece of meat. Very good quality.
Excellent as usual thank you. Recommended.
Cooked rare, this was excellent meat, and very good value for money. Recommended.
The Cumberland Sausages were lovely as usual, and the beef topside joint which I cut into 4 pieces exceeded my expectations, lovely and lean, and I use the Ninja Foodi Max pressure cooker to cook it. Perfect!
Very lean and tasty, good value would definitely buy again.