Melt in the mouth Brisket
A great value joint taken from the breast of the beast, and well suited to long, slow cooking for meltingly tender beef. Our dry aged grass fed beef Brisket is only dispatched after being matured for 32 days to enhance the natural qualities of the beef. With this most versatile of beef joints being well suited as an introduction to our outstanding range of quality beef. 1kg - 1.5kg - 2kg joints.
Please see our other cuts of beef available to buy online if this is not what you were looking for.
|Fat (of which saturates)||2.6g|
|Carbohydrate (of which sugars)||0|
Please see our about us page
Low and Slow Shredded Beef Brisket
- 900g lean brisket joint (unrolled)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste (available at larger supermarkets)
- 200ml good, hot beef stock
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon whiskey, optional
- For the Sweet Onions
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Bread rolls, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150°C,130°C, Fan, Gas Mark 2.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and season all over with salt and pepper. Brown the joint on all sides and transfer to a large flame/ovenproof dish with a lid.
- Add the chipotle paste, stock, tomatoes, honey and Bourbon (if used). Cover, transfer to the oven and cook for 3-3½ hours until the beef is tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sweet onions; put the onions in a small pan with the water and sweat the onions under a moderate heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the vinegar and sugar. Continue to cook the onions for a further 10-15 minutes until the soft and syrupy.
- Transfer the beef to a clean chopping board, reserving the sauce and `pull’ apart by securing with a fork and shredding the meat with a second fork.
- Pile the shredded brisket in rolls of your choice, spoon over the sauce and serve with the onions.
Bought for family they love it !
Haven’t yet cooked it but looks very lean.